Thursday, March 4, 2010

No, No, Your Eyes Are Not Deceiving You...

You thought I was gone forever right?  Nope, just too stinkin' impatient to wait on pictures to download.  And I'm really not interesting enough to blog without pictures! ha!!

Anyway, a lot has happened since I blogged last time, but that's all in the past now, and I can't remember much of it anyway.  

A friend of mine has been struggling to lose weight and so I though this would be a great time to be accountability partners with eachother.  So we started back on February 15.  I'm watching my calorie intake and working out 5 times a week.  I have done the whole "diet" thing more times than I care to admit, but this time (I've also heard myself say that) I'm changing my whole lifestyle.  It really has been easier this time around than the times before.  Don't get me wrong, there are times when I am in tears because I'm so hungry and have considered eating Boyd (kidding, he's too skinny anyway).  But I HAVE to do this.  I don't have a choice now.  

I'M MISERABLE!

 I'm afraid to go on amusement park rides because I'm afraid they will ask me to get off because I'm too big;

I'm afraid to see some old "friends" I haven't seen in a while because I'm afraid what they might think; 

I'm afraid that I may be the cause of my husband and I not being able to have children because of my weight;

I'm afraid that if I don't get a grasp on my addiction to food that I will continue to be on a downward spiral to the grave.  (don't get me wrong, I long for Heaven, but I would rather go in the rapture, not because of something I could've prevented);

I'm afraid that my nieces and nephews will pattern after me and I want to be a better example to them.

Do you see the pattern?  I'M AFRAID.  My name is Kayla Combs and I have a food addiction and I'm afraid.  Who wants to live their life like that.  NOT me!

So, I'm going to use this blog as sort of an accountability for myself.  It's embarrassing that I've posted this picture of myself, but I'm not hiding the fact that I'm fat, so guess it shouldn't bother me.  So here it is...




This is me and my dad in January in Oklahoma.  My dad has always tried to encourage me to lose weight.  He sees how miserable my mom is and he does not want me to be going down the same path.  My mom had always told me since I was little, "please sis, you can wear my shoes, but please don't ever get big like me and wear my clothes".  But guess what, we wear the same size.  Way to obey your mom, Kayla!  Anyway, their support means the world to me.  When I've tried "diets" before, I've gone to visit my parents and my dad has mapped out a place for me to walk and usually walks with me.  And when I call my mom on Mondays (my weigh in day), she always ask how I did and tells me she's proud of me.

I'm doing this for myself first and foremost.  I need to do it.  But I also want my husband to see a different me.  A happier me who feels beautiful.  Even though he tells me, I haven't felt beautiful in a long time.  I want to do this for my parents.  My mom especially because she has just recently been told that because of some of her health issues, she is going to have to stay on a medication and she's not going to be able to lose any weight.  She will have to fight hard to not gain weight.  So, just because it's too late for her does not mean it's too late for me.

And I cannot accomplish any of this without the help of my friends and family, but most important, without the help of my Lord and Savior.  In order to stay on the straight and narrow path to a new life style, I need to keep the path between my Savior and I clear of debris that might get in my way!

Ok, I've written a book now.  I have so far lost 10 lbs.  I will try to keep this blog updated often and keep track of my weight loss.  I'm excited about this journey.

And I will try to put up some pic blogs once in a while too.  When I have like 2 years to wait on them to upload!

LOVE ALWAYS!!!


Philippians 4:13 (King James Version)


 13I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.



3 comments:

  1. Kayla, thank you for writing this. I'm so proud of you and your courage and determination. You inspire me! Thank you for being so honest. I was nodding my head all through this, because I have some of the exact same feelings, I'm just not brave enough to say them. I love you and wish I was with you to give you a great big hug!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kayla, Thank you for sharing your story. I want to hook you up with my niece, Kasie, who is also blogging about her weight loss journey. www.losingkasie.blogspot.com
    Best to you, Elane

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a big comment I thought I posted on here, but it didn't show up. But to sum it up I am in Awe of you, I know we all have our struggles and I am so proud of you for being able to talk about yours...I love you and think you are super brave and awesome!

    ReplyDelete